 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9783
9782  |  9784
Subject:
Payments & Timespans [Was Ran Talbott]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:56:08 GMT

To All,

    Well, this has brought an interesting discussion, and I thought I might
voice in a little, since I do a little commerce with the fine folks on
LUGNET from both the US and around the world. It was a hard decision to
allow other payments other than Credit Card transactions because of
situations such as stated with Ran and others. As I have watched this
community grow over the last couple of years, I noticed that was not in the
best interest of my potential customers, and I even upgraded my Miva
Shopping Cart to accomodate easier paypal payments and the like. I think we
all have circumstances that hinder us to delay some of our responsibilities
(Such as late charges, I have had a few of those lately)

My company has a firm policy that allows for 21 days for paypal / check /
money orders / cash to come in before we reject the order and put the stock
back into inventory without communication. Fortunately, I have not had to do
this, even though some people have been delayed for a few weeks and the
like. I hope everyone that does orders, whether it be on my site, or others,
respects the orders they placed themselves, and pays in a timely fashion.
After all, try to go to TRU and take a few sets and say you will pay them
next week, and see how fast you get arrested.

In conclusion, I think everyone will experience this in one form or another,
I do not how how Brickbay handles individual stores or whatever (my store
was online before Brickbay launched by a few weeks), but I hope it can be
configured to have a critera of ordering and the like. I hope people do
respect the orders they place.

Scott S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?