 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9756
Re: Ran Talbott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 05:55:58 GMT

I'm sorry to hear that my problems with Ran were not an isolated incident.  He
failed to complete payment on some parts I shipped with "trust" since it was
only about a $4.00 order.  He then failed to send payment for a brickbay order
(apx $25).  Again the upsetting part was his very active brickbay shop and post
on Lugnet, while not replying to ANY emails.

Please make sure that you leave appropriate feedback, since this is its
purpose.  A man will reap what he sows.

On a positive note:  This is only the only sour transaction I have EVER had
with fellow Lugnet users.  Most are very accountable and prompt with
communication, shipping and payment!  Some have even offered AWESOME trade
terms which I also try to pass along when trading.

Matt

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Brett A. Antaya writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Will Hess writes:
Does anybody know what happened to Ran

He has also placed an order with me, and I with him in the same time
frame...just over a month ago. Ran pulled a very similar disappearing act 4
months ago (do a search on his last name to verify). I know he is a
respected member within the various Lego communities (I even sent his order
to him knowing he would be good for it!) but if he is going to pull this
kind of stunt every couple of months without being thoughtful enough to
either conclude his business before he leaves, not start business he can't
complete, or drop a mass-email to all concerned saying he still wants his
orders but needs a few weeks to conclude the transaction or whatever the
case may be. I thought for sure once his store closed he would make some
attemt to contact people, ...guess not ?

After trying to get ahold of him over the past month to no avail I finally
submitted an NPB to him last nite (still no response) and am attempting to
cancel my order with him - Enough is enough, time to pay the consequences.

Brett