 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9784
Re: Ran Talbott
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:24:31 GMT

Greetings,

  To conclude my participation in this string I feel I have some more to
say. About 36 hours after filing an NPB with Ran on Brickbay he had sent me
a paypal payment to conclude our transaction. I had of course left negative
feedback for Ran prior to his payment because in my book the only excusable
reasons for not making contact with someone to fulfill your obligation
within 30 days are personal health and the health of your computer. Ran
seemed to suffer neither of these problems as he took time to run his store,
accrue positive feedback with other Brickbayers and enter the MA14 parts
auction.

  Some of you excuse buyers who are deliquent and others understand when
people are too busy to be thoughtful, but here is the real deal:
consequences for not following thru with your (in this case brickbay)
obligations:

- By tieing up inventory of a seller you are preventing him from selling the
same merchandise to another customer...if 'you' would buy it...wouldnt some
one else? Most sellers would rather have a good fast transaction then a 30
day 'wonder where he is' transaction. (this is especially inconsiderate when
purchasing items 'on sale').

- Seller has to take the time to send an invoice, get the items ready to
ship, make numerous follow-ups, check on your activity, make more follow-ups
and finally filing an NPB alert - all this in trade for a 10 second
commitment to stop at Paypal and send money - how unreasonable is it and why
is it so excusable for no good reason other than 'I dont want to' or
standard procrastination?? Oh, an apology at the end would be nice too.

I am not even a hard guy to make arrangements with, I reward efforts as
much as I reward actions and well in this case I received neither. The
Brickbay community does not condone deliquent buyers and neither do I and
the negative feedback I left reflects upon the transaction not how the whole
thing made me feel. As for Ran, I gave him every opportunity because of his
glowing feedback record and a past transaction with him but if you look a
little closer at his record you will see he has 5 negatives...how often do
you see 5 negatives from a buyer or a seller and will that send a warning
flag up in your head when you encounter it?

Brett