 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 177
Re: Greetings! (Neophite alert!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:55:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Mark D. McKean writes:
In article <Fy8vv3.MCn@lugnet.com>, "Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net>
wrote:

Being a stones throw from Meijer @ Hilliard/New-Rome, they tend to
get my primary stop anymore, if and when I can find the money to go
looking.

I stop there frequently on my way home from work.

The only sets I've gotten from ZB were my only Train • [snip]
and I think one of the UFO sets they had on sale.. or maybe it was
one of the Aquanaut sets. whichever... I've just found they seem to
be more expensive than TRU or any where else when I've compared.

They're about the same price point as TRU, usually. They're normally
much better stocked on Technic and Trains than most other stores. And
every once in a while, they get a huge markdown stock in one or two big
sets, like last year when they had about a bazillion 8480 Space Shuttles
at 50% of list price.

I recall that sale, actually. They had some other sets as well..maybe that's
when I got the aquanaut set I have.. I know I got something but it wasn't the
shuttle set. not that it really matters. :)

Haven't tried Kohl's, but we rarely shop there which explains it.

They're worth a look. Their stock is limited compared to many other
stores, but for about the past two or three months, they've been running
an unadvertised 20% off sale on Lego. And they do have most of the small
and medium-sized current sets (haven't been there in a couple weeks, so
I don't know if they ever got the July releases in yet).

Hmm. I'll keep that in mind, though the nearest one I know of is on Olentangy
near Grant/Riverside. My travels don't take me over that way much, except for
the monthly run to "Ye Olde Comics Shoppe". Can't live without comics. wait..
I mean.. Legos.. or was it both?

JJ