 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 147
Re: Greetings! (Neophite alert!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 02:51:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Jorge Rodriguez writes:
I don't know the time the truck will hit Sawmill.
At ticketmaster the MLS All Star tickets are $20 - $58.  Are they
available at kroger?
Did you know the store number for the Sawmill Target is 666?

I would imagine that Kroger would have them, as they are a Ticket Master
outlet... it would make sense..but... (??)

666, huh? no wonder I felt to comfortable in that store..*d'oh!*
Hmm..I think that somehow came out wrong... opps.

On an entirely different thread, I was somewhat surprised yesterday.

Being my birthday and all, we went around looking and pricing sets. To my
dismay, TRU Sawmill only had the UCS sets and a nice big gap for the Falcon.
Yeah, yeah, I've read the mixed reactions around here for it and all.. but.. I
hadn't seen it yet. Of course, seeing a set I have my eye on usually = getting
said set. The various places we went didn't have it and so, on a lark, as we
were driving home we stopped at Family Toy Warehouse @ Tuttle Crossing next to
Best Buy.

I was shocked - their prices didn't seem to be too far off from TRU at all,
where in the past I'm sure I recall they were more expensive (At least the
only other FTW I've been to in NE Ohio). The Falcon was the same price as TRU,
actually.
They had 5 Falcons (well 4 now..ahem).. and it looked like they had the
majority of the new Adventurer's Dino sets as well, which TRU didn't seem to
have many of, either.

I'm starting to wonder.. it's a bit closer (To the 'far' west/SW side of Cols
at least)... seemingly equal or close on pricing... less traffic...  has
anyone else come to similar conclusions?

As for my opinion on the Falcon - I can't say I'm completely impressed, but it
does provide a lot of great bricks and a halfway decent base from which to
customize and improve it. I really like Chewie - he ties with the Speeder Bike
troopers as my favorite figs so far.

I just can't believe all of the gapping holes around the thing.. and unless I
built it wrong, which I won't discount but is unlikely, I had 6 2x2 black and
2 2x3 inverse dk grey slopes left over when all was said and done.

I've grown used to LEGO giving a few extra pieces when all is said and built,
but that seemed excessive. I put them to good use, however - since the sides
of the 'fingers' of the Falcon were more or less hollow - they filled it in
nicely and gave at least similar detail as the rest of the sides on the thing.

I'll have to say the same thing for Slave I as well - I'm not highly impressed
with this round of sets. I thought the Y & X wings and Snow Speeder last year
were very nicely done but it seems like some corners got cut.

I'm sure I'm bringing up past discussions I've missed out on (and prolly way
off topic for this board!), so I'll wrap this up now.

*remainder of quoted msg nuked for length!*
Jorge Rodríguez
rodriguez.136@osu.edu

JJ
"2 sets closer to Utopia!"