 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 155
Re: Greetings! (Neophite alert!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 02:20:41 GMT

In article <FxvH90.LK8@lugnet.com>, "Joel Jacobsen"
<jjacobse@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

The various places we went didn't have it and so, on a lark, as we
were driving home we stopped at Family Toy Warehouse @ Tuttle
Crossing next to Best Buy.

I was shocked - their prices didn't seem to be too far off from TRU
at all, where in the past I'm sure I recall they were more expensive
(At least the only other FTW I've been to in NE Ohio). The Falcon was
the same price as TRU, actually. They had 5 Falcons (well 4
now..ahem).. and it looked like they had the majority of the new
Adventurer's Dino sets as well, which TRU didn't seem to have many
of, either.

I'm starting to wonder.. it's a bit closer (To the 'far' west/SW side
of Cols at least)... seemingly equal or close on pricing... less
traffic...  has anyone else come to similar conclusions?

I'm surprised. The last time I was at FTW at Tuttle, they seemed to be
about 6 months behind on set releases...but with excellent stock of sets
up to three or four years old. I bought Stone Tower Bridge and Indy
Storm up there late last year when they were having a BOGO sale (at the
time, no one else in town seemed to have any Stone Tower Bridge sets).

As for distance, do what works for you. It's a little farther for me to
go up to Tuttle (I live near the south end of Sawmill, just off
Henderson), but traffic is indeed thinner up there (except during rush
hour). But then again, TRU can be hit on a return sweep from ZB...and
then you can hit Meijer, Kohl's, and Target after that. (Of course, none
of those last three are the best in town for Lego...Meijer on
Hilliard-Rome, Kohl's on Olentangy, and Target at Lennox all seem to be
better stocked on Lego.)

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@iwaynet.net