 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 178
Re: The next Ohio BrikWar meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:12:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Kyle Peterson writes:
Joel,

Kyle - I like the buildings.
Thanks!

Quite welcome!

I can't tell, though, from the size of the pic's -
are the roofs all a a brick thick (it looks like you used inverted slopes at
the top and the bottoms of the eves) or just on each end of the plates used
for the roofing so that they over hang in front and back of the building
itself?

If the "right triangle"-ish pieces with studs on the hypontenuse are the
inverted slopes you refer to, the yes. I use 4 of those pieces on each house.
The roof is 2 plates thick, and hangs over the house by 1 stud in the front
and the back. I Then place 1xN bricks for a "border" on the front and the back
to give the houses a more completed look.

I gotcha. That's what I suspected but without my xray glasses handy, I
coulnd't  verify... odd, though.. I had them tonight and tried to see first
hand, but only saw the wiring inside my monitor.. I think the glasses are
defective or something.

The multicolored Chef's had for your "jester"
is a great touch. I might have to sacrifice one of mine for something like
that.

It's well worth it. Go out and by a "townspeople" pack for $6. You'll get a
white cat too. What I think is cool is the *other* Jester. You can't really
see him, but I cut up 2 wizards hats, and placed the tips on either side of a
complete wizards hat, and then painted. I think he turned out excellent.

As luck would have it, I have several of those, being the victim of failed
memory and seeing the set one day. "Hey...I don't have that set. I want a
little white kitty for my town."  *gets home* " Opps...Now I have a playmate
for the little white kitty I already had.... owell. One can never have too
many little white kitties in their town.."

I'll go back and try to see what you're talking about, but I think I
understand what you did and it sounds pretty nifty - as far as  cutting up
Lego's go.. :) can't complain though - I've made a few modifications in my
time. The best being a 2 bladed battle hatchet for my barbarian leader to
use. :)

It's got me itching to begin on my castles but my parents saw my page and
attempt at a F4u Corsair and my dad "mandated" that I must keep it and the
airstrip I made built till the end of August when they come for vacation so • he
can see it in person. I guess that's a good thing but I need the trees!! :)
Guess I can start on precursory building in the mean time.
JJ

It's always a pain the butt to have to tear down existing creations to build
more.  Good luck!

Indeed it is, but until I can convince my wife to let me buy more rather than
reuse what I have...............
       *stares off into space wistfully to the sound of an Angelic Choir*

JJ