 Local / United States / Ohio / 144
Re: Ohio builders :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:54:20 GMT

Did you actually count? :) I can fill a RubberNeck bucket up the brim
with my collection. Quite heavy, but not all that unwieldy.
Not directly, no.  That total is about what I have all the instruction
manuals for, which I tallied in an Excel Spreadsheet and then copied to
my web page for all to see.  It's on the order of 60,000, but I haven't
checked recently.
  Hmm.  I am going to need to go through this exercise again soon.  Its
been awhile since I did.  I think I had between 50 and 60K last time I did
it.  I'd guess around 80K now.

Currently, it fills 2 18 drawer cabinets, 2 60 drawer cabinets, about 20
shoebox size tupperware containers, about 8 larger tupperware containers,
and some other miscellaneous tubs and bins and boxes.  I'm currently in
the process of reorganizing the whole thing, and when I'm done, I'll take
some pictures.  It's truly quite impressive :)
  I think I have three really big rubbermaid containers.  One of the
coffin-sized ones.  And two of the a-bit-bigger-than-a-paper-box ones.  But
there are some smaller containers taking up volume within those.
Basically, my collection fills the area under our old kitchen table.

  Mostly Castle (Mostly from the Majisto/Dragon/Royal Knights era and the
period just prior.) and Technic (Almost all of the 'build' type.  Tech-play
and its derivatives have never done anything for me).  A few Star Wars,
several pirate ships, a couple of little space sets (Explorien, I think).
That's all I can think of.  What's everybody else got?

    Later,
    Gino A...