 Local / United States / Ohio / 135
Re: Ohio builders :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 19:31:08 GMT

This one sounds fun. None of us have ever done anything like it before, so
this one might work out the best ...
Agreed.  Anyone in the Central Ohio area ever played this particular war
game before?  Any experienced wargamers?  I've played WarHammer once or
twice and a lot of Risk/Axis & Allies type games.

I have just recently gotten into RPG's, and have played pen'n'paper style
(D&D, Vampires, Shadowrun) only a little bit.  My knowledge is extremely
limited, but I'm always up for more fun :)

1) homework all week. it would have to be on a weekend.
I would assume that weeknights would be out for something like this.  I
haven't even considered trying to do any 3-6 hour activities on weeknights
in a long time.

I live in Cleveland, 2.5 hours away, so a weekend is absolutely mandatory.

Anything but medieval. I would be at a HORRIBLE disadvantage in a medieval
setting. 2 reasons:
1) I have 2 Knights in my entire collection
2) Neither of them have any weaponry
For me, Castle would be, by far, easiest.  However, I'm willing to try
anything.  Hmm, I'll I have to see if the rules support Technic Figs...

Technic figs are supported.  Hell, anything you want is supported, but there's
a price for everything.  As for themes, I'd be at a disadvantage for Castle
too, as that's probably my least populated theme.  I'd like Space or Modern
day best.

BTW, LMLuke, I think that you are under 18 based on some other threads.
If so, it would probably be best if one of the older folks involved talked
to your parents before you come.  I know I would feel a lot more
comfortable if one of my kids was going an hour away to game with some
strangers if I'd at least talked to them in person first.  This is NOT
meant to imply that you shouldn't be welcome.  Nor is it meant to imply
that you are trying to sneak behind your parents' backs.  It is my effort
to consider this from your parents view point.  Kids travelling to meet
people they know from the 'net is a sensitive issue these days.  Just for
the record, are any of the other interested parties minors?

I'm 25, so no problem there.  You're asking for permission slips, Gino?
*Muahaha*  I agree, though.  Make sure you get your parents' permission!

Adrian