 Local / United States / Ohio / 132
Re: Ohio builders :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:03:12 GMT

drew@netpluscom.com (LegoMasterLuke) wrote in <FsIwzs.Gn6@lugnet.com>:
In lugnet.loc.us.oh, John Matthews writes:
I am in Columbus, but I am not sure what Brik Wars is?
Ever played Dungeons & Dragons? Brik Wars is identical to it, except for
one little thing -- you build your army with Lego, instead of using cast
iron minifigures.
  Being the professional nit-picker I am, BrikWars looks a lot more like
WarHammer or something like that.  The basic idea is that you build LEGO
combatants and act out a battle according to some pre-defined rules.
Someone has already posted a URL to the rules, which I should probably take
a look at before we get together.  :-)  After looking at them a bit
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm seems a better starting
point.  I'd recomend jumping right to the 2000 rules for our game.

  So, we seem to have about 6 interested players so far.  I can see two
ways to do this.  We could just pick a Saturday soon and slam something
together to see how it goes.  Or, we could aim out a few weeks or so and
try to plan something more formal.

  I propose we just try to get together as soon as we can and have a go at
it.  If things go well, maybe we can setup a regular event.

  Do any of the interested parties have access to a suitable location.  If
we get 4-6 players we probably need a pretty big room with a rather large
table.  Although it looks like NELUG played on the floor.  Anyone have a
suitable basement/family room/rec room.  Or, anyone have access to a
suitable semi-public location.  OSU students?  I might be able to find
someplace, but I'm not sure.  Anybody got ideas?

  Of the next several weekends, I'd have to rule out Easter weekend.  What
other constraints do people have?

  The other big question I see is:  What genre would we play in?

  Let's hear everyone's thoughts.

    Later,
    Gino A...