 Local / United States / Ohio / 143
Re: Ohio builders :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:45:00 GMT

tremor@apk.net (Adrian Drake) wrote in <FsLG3D.5ME@lugnet.com>:
Mike makes some good points.  We ought to just bring what we're strong
in and use this first session as a way to establish how to actually
play the game. (Any experienced BrikWars players from out-of-state wish
to join us?)
  This would be great.  Any takers?

I could go for laying siege to a medieval castle with a couple of Mecha.
That would be surreal.
  I was thinking of fielding a Majisto/Dragon/Undead army.  Just use space
stats for them and have at it.  I think I can field around half a dozen
Majistos, about the same in dragons around a dozen skeletons/ghosts.  If
this isn't enough, I'll field 30 or 40 knights too.  Alright, I admit.  I
only have about 60-80 minifigs.  There I confessed.  Although, I do have
almost as many Technic beams as bricks.  Wait a minute.  I don't think I
ever got around to putting the pirates in the minifig box.  For that
matter, I never got around to sorting the pirate pieces into the piece
bins.  Oh my.  I bought those ships when TRU clearenced them.  When was
that?

As for when we can do this, I think I have it traced to two or three
weekends when I'll be available in the next two months.  The first is
this weekend, but I think that's a little short notice for all
concerned.
  I agree that this weekend is too short notice.  I need to find my minifig
box for goodness sakes.  (What LEGO time I've had for quite a while has
been all Technic.)

After that it's the first two weekends in May (5/6 and 5/13).  If we
aim for either of those, I should be able to make it.
  Well.  Those are exactly the two weekends I can't do.  I was thinking of
proposing the second weekend from now.  Specifically, Saturday April 16.  I
realize this would exclude you Adrian.  My suggested response is to
schedule another session, say the 13th of May.  (Although, why anyone
wouldn't be planning on being in Sandusky for the opening day of Millenium
Force is beyond me :-)

  I don't think we'll get a trial run done anytime soon if we don't just
pick the next couple of "best available" dates.  I hate to be the one
pegging a date where someone can't make it.  But I think it is the only way
to get started.

  Alright, let's try to start a list of unavailable dates.  I can't do the
dates below.  Please add your own UNavailables.  Just add a line with the
date, and your initials.  Or add your intitials to one of these.  As far as
I can tell by my schedule, these are the only dates I have a problem with
through the end of the Summer.

4/8  Just too soon.
4/16 Palm Sunday
4/22 Easter