 Local / United States / North Carolina / *599 (-20)
  Re: Shell Promo Oddity

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G4E7FI.97L@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) else! (...) seeking? (...) Yes it does! Believe it or not I actually found them near Raleigh, in a small town called Knightdale. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area LEGO Rep

(...) Well, Mindstorms is what got me started into this mess... I do have 3 RIS, 1 RDS, and 1 DDK, but haven't done much. I do have plans to use the RCXs to control stuff for trains. All of us train heads are also into monorail. Frank (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Triangle Area LEGO Rep

(...) Well, by way of saying hi to the group :) I'm working on writing a remote control that will allow Linux users to control their Mindstorms Robots via a graphical user interface. My next actual building project will be a Mindstorms-based cradle (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Triangle Area LEGO Rep

(...) I have also considered "the box problem." So far, I've kept all my boxes by placing the smaller ones inside larger ones, and while it has resulted in a space savings, I'm still not happy with the amount of space my boxes are taking. So, as an (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  what's up

(...) Well, let's see: - I was trying to best Frank by getting my piles of sets sorted before his piles, but then I got hit by Star Wars Value Packs at TRU (ouch!), BOGO 50% at KB Kids (oof!), a trip to the VA Lego store where soccer buses were on (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  LEGO Packaging - was(Re: Triangle Area LEGO Rep)

(...) (snip) (...) (snip) (...) An interesting topic is the LEGO boxes themselves... (Having just moved and moved my LEGO boxes with the parts, I'll ramble for a bit.) Has anyone explored this lesser aspect of LEGO? I'm certain that this topic is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.general)

  Re: Triangle Area LEGO Rep

(...) I've been sorting a lot.I've finally dug into the stacks of large sets. I no longer have a floor to ceiling stack (though several stacks do reach the ceiling, they just don't start on the floor). I think I'll be re-evaluating my decision to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Triangle Area LEGO Rep

Over the lunch hour today I met the Triangle area LEGO rep at the Raleigh Zany-Brainy. A very nice lady by the name of Lisa. She covers all of the large stores (Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, ZB, etc.) in the Triangle area. I told her about the group of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  NRVMRC Train Show

Today my kids and I attended the Neuse River Valley Model Railroad Club annual show at the NC State Fairgrounds. They held their show in the building along Blue Ridge Road where the State Police have their exhibit during the fair (if you are (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Tuesday Morning Lego Sale

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to check out the one in Durham on the 15th to see what's cooking. I saw Twisted Time Trains this past weekend in both KB Toys (NJ) and the VA Lego store. Since that KB had the BOGO 50% sale, I picked up a couple (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Tuesday Morning Lego Sale

Circular in my mail yesterday announcing that Tuesday Morning, a clearance store, will have Lego for sale staring Nov. 15th 8am. Quoting from circular: "Our largest selection of Lego and Duplo Sets. Save $2 to $40 on dozens of rarely discounted (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Promo sets now at Shell

(...) Do you have the Address and phone? I can't think of any Shell stations in Burlington at the moment. If I can confirm the sets are available, I will make a side trip next time I'm at my parents in Elon. There is a Shell on 70 between Greensboro (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Promo sets now at Shell

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G3IKw0.6oD@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) check (...) Even more bad news on the Shell front. I got a hold of Shell Consumer affairs today and spoke with a woman who was able to give me a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  LEGO Studios Demo @ Cary TRU

This morning my went to TRU to do some shopping. When she came home she told me that they had a LEGO Studios demonstration set up. She thought the movies were pretty cool! Anyway, this afternoon I stopped by to check it out. I was surprised at how (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Promo sets now at Shell

"Deadmaker" <Deadmaker7@aol.com> wrote in message news:G3IHr3.M9q@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Zero for two here in North Carolina. One shop had no idea what I was talking about, the other said they had no plans to carry them. Mike (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: FV 55 "real" train now!

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:G39B1L.4Hy@lugnet.com... (...) The tape would not play well in the VCP we have in our van but on the VCR in my house it played fine. Now my home VCR is a reasonably high end unit with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: FV 55 "real" train now!

Cool. Let's see pictures! Speaking of pictures, the tape that Frank loaned me of the Seattle shindig wouldn't play on my VCR. I got the audio, but the picture didn't sync. Fussing with the tracking didn't help. It's a cheap VCR though, so I could (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  FV 55 "real" train now!

I ran the whole train for the first time this morning!!! What a thrill!!! The joke about addiction rings all too true - a taste, and yes I am hooked. Don't wanna be cured, just give me more ... Particular thanks to both Frank and Cary. [Frank, to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Cary's partial disconnect

Frank's assessment is on the money. VPN (the way I dial in) is disabled -- as am I -- until they figure something out. Mike: by the way, my out-of-country experience is Japan. I have a couple of nephews that are living in the Osaka area for a year (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Cary's partial disconnect

(...) I seem to recall him mentioning that he works for Microsoft. I suspect part of their security clampdown is not allowing dial-in right now. Frank (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact