Re: Promo sets now at Shell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:47:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Mike Walsh writes:

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:G3IKw0.6oD@lugnet.com...

Even more bad news on the Shell front.  I got a hold of Shell Consumer
affairs today and spoke with a woman who was able to give me a list of Shell
stations in North Carolina that are participating in the LEGO promotion.
Unfortunately there is not one station in the Triangle area on the list so
there is no point in cruising around to the local stations to see if they
have them.  She could not mail or fax me the list either.

It sounds like the closest station that should have them is in Burlington.

Do you have the Address and phone?  I can't think of any Shell stations in
Burlington at the moment.  If I can confirm the sets are available, I will
make a side trip next time I'm at my parents in Elon.  There is a Shell on
70 between Greensboro and Elon.  Whitsett maybe?  Very country... I can
check there too, but I don't have much hope.  There is one Shell on Market
street about a mile and a half f/me.  It is more of a minimart than a gas
station, but I'll check.

I think there a couple  of Shell stations in Winston-Salem.  Maybe Terry,
from Bricks by Terry at Brickbay,  erector@triadntr.net  would be worth
contacting?  I don't see him post and have only been in contact with him a
couple of times in relation to purchasing items, but he seemed very nice and
his creations via his website http://www.triadntr.net/~erector/  are awesome.

Do you know what sets are being offered and at what price.  This has most
likely been mentioned before, but i can't seem to pull it together this morning.

I called one station out there and the guy I spoke with said he "expected
something in the mail soon, not sure what it was or when he would put it
out".  Almost all of the other stations she told me were either in the
western part of the state or down near Charlotte.  Supposedly the Shell
station in Roxboro was supposed to have them as well but the guy I spoke
with had no idea what I was talking about.  Ditto for the station in
Henderson.

Sheree - have you found any of these out your way?  In particular, I am
looking for the Ferrari and the set with the race cars (2554), I would like
four or five of each of them if I can get them.

I can pick them up if they can be found near me.

sheree

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com