Re: Promo sets now at Shell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:31:20 GMT

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:G3IKw0.6oD@lugnet.com...

"Deadmaker" <Deadmaker7@aol.com> wrote in message
news:G3IHr3.M9q@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Welp just hit the local Shell, where they had a LOT of copies of #2556 • and
the little bat lord flying thing. I got one of each. The man said to • check
back Monday to see if they had anymore. This was in Southern NJ btw.
     -dead

Zero for two here in North Carolina.  One shop had no idea what I was
talking about, the other said they had no plans to carry them.

Mike -mike_walsh@mindspring.com

Even more bad news on the Shell front.  I got a hold of Shell Consumer
affairs today and spoke with a woman who was able to give me a list of Shell
stations in North Carolina that are participating in the LEGO promotion.
Unfortunately there is not one station in the Triangle area on the list so
there is no point in cruising around to the local stations to see if they
have them.  She could not mail or fax me the list either.

It sounds like the closest station that should have them is in Burlington.
I called one station out there and the guy I spoke with said he "expected
something in the mail soon, not sure what it was or when he would put it
out".  Almost all of the other stations she told me were either in the
western part of the state or down near Charlotte.  Supposedly the Shell
station in Roxboro was supposed to have them as well but the guy I spoke
with had no idea what I was talking about.  Ditto for the station in
Henderson.

Sheree - have you found any of these out your way?  In particular, I am
looking for the Ferrari and the set with the race cars (2554), I would like
four or five of each of them if I can get them.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com