Subject:
what's up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:07:37 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:
All for now - kind of quiet around here lately (in the NG), is everyone
building or something?

Well, let's see:

- I was trying to best Frank by getting my piles of sets sorted before his
piles, but then I got hit by Star Wars Value Packs at TRU (ouch!), BOGO 50%
at KB Kids (oof!), a trip to the VA Lego store where soccer buses were on
sale (poink!) and then Tuesday Morning  (TKO).

- I still think that discount Advent Calenders (the old ones), besides
making great sorting trays, can't be beat for the parts selection. Lots of
great slopes, and who can have enough Santas ...

- About the Lego rep: I'm thankful that there's a Tuesday Morning in Cary so
that I can raid the one in Durham before Mike does. And I'm doing my best to
keep the Durham ZB successful :)
Speaking of ZB, I've rubbed off two of the 10% - 50% coupons and the
percentage printing was so faint that I couldn't make out what they said.
One may be 20%, but who knows? Anyone else rubbed theirs, yet?

- I've started in earnest to get my train layout running again. My three
foot double decker train bridge (not the ZNAP one, but the one that uses
Star Wars struts) is now six feet long, and connects the tops of two tables
at a 45 degree angle. It's tied into the eight foot long ZNAP triple-decker,
so now there's two-thirds of a loop of 9V track on the top tier and 4.5V
track on the middle tier.

- As usual, there are three large buildings in the works, all in various
states of disarray. One of them contains a helix of monorail track (thanks
to Steve Chapple for the idea) surrounded by a helix of 9V track...

- I'm still working on the LUGNET FAQ -- over 65 entries now.
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/
When I hit 100 I'll send out an announcement to .general, and hopefully it
will get enough buy-in to merit a link off the /news/faq/ page if not the
home page. Please take a look at the FAQ and let me know what you think. And
if you run across threads that have worthwhile Q&A, let me know about that,
too.

Cary