 Promotional / 594
Re: Shell Promo Oddity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:17:54 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:G4E7FI.97L@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

Oh well, Shell is going to be getting a bunch of my LEGO money for the
forseeable future.  All of the sets are great parts fodor if nothing • else!

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

Does this mean that you have found a source for the sets you have been • seeking?

sheree

Yes it does!  Believe it or not I actually found them near Raleigh, in a
small town called Knightdale.  There is a Shell station about a mile east of
Wal-Mart on the south side of Hwy. 64 in Knightdale, about a 20-30 minute
drive from Cary.  They had most of the sets including the Ferrari.  I guess
it is nice to know that the Shell people were wrong and there is at least
one store in the 919 area code that has the sets!

I had also found all of the small ones (1-10) near the Newark Airport last
week when I was in New Jersey.  I can see buying multiple copies of 1-3, the
rest don't do much for me although there are few parts in each one that I
would like to have.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com