 Promotional / 631
Re: Shell Promo Oddity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:27:16 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Mike Walsh writes:
I opened a couple of Shell promo sets today and was surprised to find 1998
catalogs in them.  I can't imagine that Shell and LEGO had enough left over
stock from 1998 that they didn't have to go through another production run.
The fact that the US boxes have piece counts on them and the European ones
did not confirms some sort of production run differences.

Looking back through these (no so) old catalogs makes me wish some of those
sets were still available.  Themes like Res-Q and Divers seem to have been a
"one and done" run.  Too bad, both are sources of great parts.  Even some of
the Town Jr. stuff is great compared to City Center.

Oh well, Shell is going to be getting a bunch of my LEGO money for the
forseeable future.  All of the sets are great parts fodor if nothing else!

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

Don't know if anyone is still having trouble located Shell's carrying
LEGO... if so, try the Shell station in Hillsborough (off I40 exit 261)
they've got quite a few sets, but the only big sets I saw were the Ferrari
sets.  I think I was their first LEGO customer a couple of days ago, so
there should be plenty left.  Also, the Walmart across the street has 2001
StarWars

rich.