 Local / United Kingdom / 6795
Re: Discussion about UKLUG web site (was: Re: Leaving for a while or a long time)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:14:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Phil Traviss writes:
IMHO, we should be actively discouraging existing and potential UK AFOLs
from using any other messaging systems than LUGNET.

I totally agree with this and would hold it up as a principle for more than
just the UK.

Having said that I should note that I use yahoogroups (despite the same
nagging fear Phil has of address sale) for a number of (LEGO related and non
LEGO related) things that I discuss that are, for one reason or another, not
appropriate for public discussion. It is good for that.

I copied lugnet.org into the discussion