 Local / United Kingdom / 6780
Re: Discussion about UKLUG web site (was: Re: Leaving for a while or a long time)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, James Stacey writes:
OK I'm gonna sit down with a designer in the next day or so and try some
ideas out. If people can think of stuff that SHOULD be on the site, shout
out now, so they can be incorporated.

Likewise if anyone has an idea in mind or a particular site they like the
design of a lot let me know

I 0wn http://www.uklug.org.uk and produced that poor attempt at a website
(the odd colours were only there to display frame locations).

2 minor issues with the website:

1)  It is hosted on freenetname.co.uk - the only way to upload to it is via
their dial-up - one of the trade-offs for a free domain name.  If you want I
will give you the details for the dialup.  Maybe you could check the UKLUG
e-mail box - because I haven't :)
2)  I officially own the domain name till the end of this year - for some
reason I was sent a certicate with my name on it.  I don't know whether that
means I can transfer it elsewhere or not.  The original agreement with
freenetname states that they will charge a huge sum should you wish to
transfer hosting/domain name.

Carbon 60
0wner of www.uklug.org.uk