 Local / United Kingdom / 6758
6757  |  6759
Subject:
UKLUG (was Re: Leaving for a while or a long time)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:12:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Phil Traviss writes:
It's sad to hear of someone as keen as Michael not being able to carry on
contributing to the LUGNET community, but hopefully he will still be active,
and his situation will improve in due course.

One thing he was interested to tackle was updating the UK LUG site
(http://www.uklug.org.uk/) which is hopelessly out of date.

So, any takers?

Dear all.

Sorry to hear of Michael's situation - best of luck to him in pulling
through it.

Unfortunately, though I am keen to put something worthwhile into UK AFOLdom
I don't have the net expertise either.  But I wondered if it would be a good
idea to have bit of a debate about what we would want from a UKLUG site (and
even an offline organisation).  My starters for ten:

1.  Do we want an official UK AFOL group that operates offline.  If so what
do we want it to do (Bulk buying from TLC is an obvious one).

2.  What online services do we want which LUGNET does not provide?

One suggestion I have which would minimise the work for a UKLUG webmaster
would be that the site could really just be a hub for linking to LUGNET and
personal sites and providing listings of members details and fests.

What do others think?

Psi