 Local / United Kingdom / 6770
Re: Discussion about UKLUG web site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:21:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, James Stacey writes:
OK I'm gonna sit down with a designer in the next day or so and try some
ideas out. If people can think of stuff that SHOULD be on the site, shout
out now, so they can be incorporated.

Likewise if anyone has an idea in mind or a particular site they like the
design of a lot let me know

James

I've been having a think about the things I would want and I've been playing
about with a possible logical hierarchy.  Here's my ideas for what they're
worth.

Building (including subsections Hints; Competitions)
Shopping (including subsections Shop addresses, reviews and links; Car boot
details; Wants lists)
Meeting (Including Past Fests: Upcoming Fests)
Contacting (Including Member Details (which could link to wants lists too)
Links.

The two main things that we could do better on are more 'building hints' and
shop listings and info on bargains to be had.

Psi