 Local / United Kingdom / 5039
5038  |  5040
Subject:
Where do you keep your Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:12:29 GMT

Where on Earth do you keep your Lego collections?
What about you folks who take trading seriously - where do you put it all?

Do you have a dedicated room, the loft, the garage, or just stick it in any
nook and cranny you can find?

Do have your sets on display?
What about train or city layouts? Who has a permanent one?

Whilst I am very keen on Lego, I wouldnt call myself a serious collector. I
am not interested in ensuring I have every set of a specific theme for
example.
Even so, I still wonder where to keep it all (especially display it and keep
large layouts permanent).

I thought about this last night as I had my arm twisted to clear up the
spare room in preparation for visitors. The bed being covered in Lego boxes.

Currently I have boxes all over the place. No one dedicated area. My sons
room is full - there is a whole wardrobe dedicated just to loose bricks and
parts. And he has several large shelves with displays - Star Wars, Pirate,
stations, various.
My Metro Terminus is under the stairs. My Train is in the spare room (stored
in crates, desparate to be permanently displayed). The loft is the
repository for empty boxes, and MISB stuff for future trades, usage, or
whatever.

I have a resonably large house - but its still not enough.
As anyone actually moved just to accomodate their Lego collection?
Does anyone rent space at a warehouse?
Now that would be taking it seriously!

regards
lawrence