 Local / United Kingdom / 5058
Re: Where do you keep your Lego?...you'll always need more room than you currently have :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Where on Earth do you keep your Lego collections?
What about you folks who take trading seriously - where do you put it all?

Do you have a dedicated room, the loft, the garage, or just stick it in any
nook and cranny you can find?

I use the bedroom and the bedroom closet.  Most things are grouped together
so that I can find them.

Do have your sets on display?

Assembled sets are kept up for a little while, then taken down.

I thought about this last night as I had my arm twisted to clear up the
spare room in preparation for visitors. The bed being covered in Lego boxes.

I just got done putting 60 or so sets in plastic bags.  Then they went into
two somewhat large (18 gallon) Rubbermaid storage tubs (good ol' Target!).
I threw away most of the boxes to save on space.  The worst part is finding
a specific set :-(

I am not that "organized" (i.e. anal) that I inventory each tub, so it takes
a while to go through them.  Most are in long term storage since my interest
in various themes comes and goes.

I'm sure we all have the same problems - just to different degrees.

- Bob