 Local / United Kingdom / 5045
Re: Where do you keep your Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:45:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Where on Earth do you keep your Lego collections?
What about you folks who take trading seriously - where do you put it all?

Do you have a dedicated room, the loft, the garage, or just stick it in any
nook and cranny you can find?

Do have your sets on display?
What about train or city layouts? Who has a permanent one?

Whilst I am very keen on Lego, I wouldnt call myself a serious collector. I
am not interested in ensuring I have every set of a specific theme for
example.
Even so, I still wonder where to keep it all (especially display it and keep
large layouts permanent).

I thought about this last night as I had my arm twisted to clear up the
spare room in preparation for visitors. The bed being covered in Lego boxes.

Currently I have boxes all over the place. No one dedicated area. My sons
room is full - there is a whole wardrobe dedicated just to loose bricks and
parts. And he has several large shelves with displays - Star Wars, Pirate,
stations, various.
My Metro Terminus is under the stairs. My Train is in the spare room (stored
in crates, desparate to be permanently displayed). The loft is the
repository for empty boxes, and MISB stuff for future trades, usage, or
whatever.

I have a resonably large house - but its still not enough.
As anyone actually moved just to accomodate their Lego collection?
Does anyone rent space at a warehouse?
Now that would be taking it seriously!

regards
lawrence
I don't trade but my collection is serious. I don't keep Packaging, so no
problems there.
When my brick is sorted, it is in BIG  and little Rubbermaid bins, and
simular containers, pluse those boxes with the little drawers for nuts and
bolts and odd and ends.
My biggest problem is getting the time to sort, let alone build or keep up
my collection records. So, since it's just me and my son in the house, it's
ended up all over the place. In the kitchen, dinning room, living room
(permanent display with my mountain and other train rolling stock MOC), in
my "Lego/Computer" room, in the spare room, in my bedroom, on my bed. So,
yes, every nook and cranny practically.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****