 Local / United Kingdom / 5054
Re: Where do you keep your Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:24:16 GMT

Wow Anne,  you do have some tight quarters for you, your husband and your LEGO.

And here I thought I was running out of room for my LEGO.  I'll never complain
again..... by the way my LEGO room is (and I am embarrassed to say) 40ft x 20ft
(12m x 6m), but believe it or not, my house is not large.

Gary Istok

Anne Jorunn Midtkil wrote:

In lugnet.loc.uk and lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:

The problem is our 2 year old - she has taken over the house with her Duplo!

:-(

That's one of the reasons my husband and I, both AFOLs, have decided to _not_
bring any children into the world. We do not want a kid to mess up our system,
and we do not want teeth marks on our LEGO.

We understood that we are serious about our LEGO-collecting when we expected
our nephews (3 and 7 years) for a weekend visit, and the first thought was: "We
have to hide some of the LEGO so they don't get envies in a serious way"

When it comes to storing: We live in a 1-room, 35 square meter, apartment, and
my husband refuse to throw away any of the boxes. We have had about one year
after our dark ages, and rounded 150 sets the other day. Wherever we do not
have books or videos or CDs we have LEGO. We do not dear telling my mother what
those big boxes which hardly ways anything contains, when we borrow space in
their basement for the empty boxes.

And yes: We admit that we look forward to getting a bigger place. Before we
started our LEGO-collection we did consider a large 2-bedroom apartment big
enough, now we definitely need 3 bedrooms (or rather: one big playroom). So I
guess we eventually will admit that we bought a bigger place because of the
LEGO.

aj-ml
--
Anne Jorunn Midtkil