 Local / United Kingdom / 5085
Re: Where do you keep your Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 22:29:13 GMT

lawrence wilkes wrote in message ...
Where on Earth do you keep your Lego collections?
What about you folks who take trading seriously - where do you put it all?

My NON LEGO brother and I share the annex to my parents house.
The annex consists of three 8'x10' rooms, a bathroom, and loftspace over
half.
That's an 8'x10' room each, the third being a kitchen/diner/lounge!

Do you have a dedicated room, the loft, the garage, or just stick it in any
nook and cranny you can find?
Currently I have all the loftspace mostly filled with LEGO - pictures
somewhere on brickshelf, with the rest crammed into my one little room.

Do have your sets on display?
What about train or city layouts? Who has a permanent one?
There's a shelf lined alcove displaying all the minifig sized starwars kits,
Below the starwars are boxes of instructions loose parts and mocs,
A 6' high bookcase half filled with books, photos etc, half random
kits/mocs,
Some technic kits on a shelf above the window,
Two shelves of mostly technic above my wardrobe and drawers,
And my masterpiece - bunkbeds.

I say masterpiece as it is arranged such that the top bunk is boarded over
as a (high) worktable/gaming area (if I can ever get it cleared enough). The
tail end is placed such that I can climb the end of the bed, and straight
into the loft for parts, and the headboard (somehow) supports two more
shelves, one displaying most of the Arctic and Paradisia lines, and the
other holds 1000 (yes one thousand) minifigures.

I have a resonably large house - but its still not enough.
As anyone actually moved just to accomodate their Lego collection?
But having just exceeded 100,000 pieces, and with the loft too cold to enter
in the winter I think it is time to either convince my brother to move out,
or find myself a job so that I can afford to do so myself!

(Duckie) Dave Till

Does anyone rent space at a warehouse?
Now that would be taking it seriously!

regards