 Local / United Kingdom / 5050
Re: Where do you keep your Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:13:54 GMT

lawrence wilkes wrote:

Where on Earth do you keep your Lego collections?

I don't have a particularly large amount of Lego, but I do like to put it away
in the cupboard at the end of each session for reasons of tidyness, both of my
flat and mind. For this reason, the "working set" of bricks cannot get too
large, or it becomes too much of a pain to take out and put away again. I keep
everything in 4 large Technic boxes; if I have a large amount of any element
the excess gets put away in another box elsewhere, and only used if I run out
of that element in the more frequently used boxes. I also find that only having
a maximum of say ten elements of a certain type and colour helps me locate the
required piece more quickly.

As for display of models, unless they are very cool, they tend not to last long
on the shelf before being recycled for the greater good.

Jennifer Clark
http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/