 Local / Deutschland / 942
Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:41:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Thomas Wölk wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Thomas Wölk wrote:
hi!

Hi Thomas,

thanks for sharing these further pictures without the logos in the center of the
track layout. Do you have an idea, if this very layout has been published in one
of the books like 238, 239, 241 or 242? (it is too hot, too late and my online
connection too slow to check this myself).

hm i once had 241 but it was destroyed in 1976. all i have now is this page of
it:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-50.html

but i remember comparing them both and finding some relation but not the exact
layout. my guess as a child was that the little booklet i have online might
predate the big idea book by half a year or so. the other fragment i have online
(wich i always called the blue booklet) displays pictures from the idea book 240

my lego1.jpg is half of 240-1-35.htm and
my lego2.jpg is half of 240-1-38.htm

but the other pictures don't fit so there might have been another version.

since i studied the booklet with the discussed layout more thoroughly in an
attempt to date it i always sorted them thus:

1. the blue fragment first (maybe 1969),
2. then the complete booklet (p69 on my homepage) with the layout and
introducing some new sets such as the 720 and maybe a forerunner of the 723 with
grey roof. (most probably 1970)
3. the 241 idea book in it's two versions.

I think your reconstruction of this layout is perfectly done after the picture.

BTW: I noticed the little s-shape-curve in the sideline, when I had finished my
picture for uploading. Since this has been a mistake out of the focus I was to
lazy to correct it...

other interesting issues of my "p69" booklet, the one with the discussed layout,
are for example the houses with the grey baseplates in picture p69s04.jpg. the
other houses in the neighbourhood are sets, these too?
or have a look at how they rearranged some of the houses for each foto. you
always see the same side of some, even though the view might rotate at something
nearer to 90 than 180 degrees. . . or and this might interest you, ben, the
most; have a look at the wheels. there are some clear drawings of 12 spoked
train wheels. (another hint for preproduction fotos in an idea or promotion
book?)

Bye,

Ben

oh well got to go now
supposed to buy a cardbord sextant in lübeck as a birthday present, better be
of.

bye/tschuess
thomas