 Local / Australia / 7584
Re: Harry Potter Lego on sale next week at Myer? BAD NEWS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:07:44 GMT

Was, in Grace Brothers city store today (same chain as Myers). They had a
large table of HP LEGO (sans Fluffy and Express).I asked was there a sale • on
soon as I'd heard such and they said yes.

Yes, Tommorrow.
Yes, 20%
Yes, all LEGO.

I went to my local Myer at Indooroopilly today (Thursday), grabbing a
catalogue at the entrance. Bad news!

Yes, Harry Potter Lego is featured in the catalogue, but at full price! No
discounts.
There is 20% off some brands of toy but not for LEGO.

The good news is that some Lego items are on sale. The best deal was the
Silver Champion at $195 (down from $295). There were also Star Wars (e.g.
Imperial Shuttle -- a nice set, that one), Bionicles, and miscellaneous
other sets reduced; all of discounted Lego appeared to be stuff released
last year or early this year. More recent releases like Jack Stone appeared
to be at full price.

As far as I could see, all the Harry Potter sets were available (other than
the ones we know aren't in Australia yet) and were priced as follows:

* Sorting Hat $11.95 on the boxes (the shelf said $12.95 and it scanned at
$12.95 so demand the box price!)
* Final Challenge $19.95
* Snape's Classroom and Winged Keys both $39.95
* Hagrid's Hut $59.95
* Hogwart's Express $89.95
* Hogwart's Castle $159.00

So, we've been given a bum steer by the Myer staff on this one!

Kerry