 Local / Australia / 7588
Re: Harry Potter Lego on sale next week at Myer? BAD NEWS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:57:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Was, in Grace Brothers city store today (same chain as Myers). They had a
large table of HP LEGO (sans Fluffy and Express).I asked was there a sale • on
soon as I'd heard such and they said yes.

Yes, Tommorrow.
Yes, 20%
Yes, all LEGO.

I went to my local Myer at Indooroopilly today (Thursday), grabbing a
catalogue at the entrance. Bad news!

Yes, Harry Potter Lego is featured in the catalogue, but at full price! No
discounts.
There is 20% off some brands of toy but not for LEGO.

The good news is that some Lego items are on sale. The best deal was the
Silver Champion at $195 (down from $295). There were also Star Wars (e.g.
Imperial Shuttle -- a nice set, that one), Bionicles, and miscellaneous
other sets reduced; all of discounted Lego appeared to be stuff released
last year or early this year. More recent releases like Jack Stone appeared
to be at full price.

As far as I could see, all the Harry Potter sets were available (other than
the ones we know aren't in Australia yet) and were priced as follows:

* Sorting Hat $11.95 on the boxes (the shelf said $12.95 and it scanned at
$12.95 so demand the box price!)
* Final Challenge $19.95
* Snape's Classroom and Winged Keys both $39.95
* Hagrid's Hut $59.95
* Hogwart's Express $89.95
* Hogwart's Castle $159.00

I posted information about Myer and Target sales yesterday!
I guess no-one saw them :(

Mel :P

Here it is again:

Several sales that may have not yet been mentioned:
As you can see below, new price first then the amount of discount in brackets.

Myer: on sale until November 11th, 2001.
**DUPLO**
3267 Brick Runner - $16.95 (save $7)
3266 Learning Tubes - $24.95 ($8)
3085 Race Action - $54.95 ($15)
3095 Wildlife Park - $79.95 ($20)

**JACK STONE**
4605 Fire Response - $14.95 (save $5)
4606 Aqua Resque Transport - $19.95 ($5)
4607 Copter Transport - $33.95 ($10)
4608 Bank Breakout - $29.95 ($10)
4609 Fire Attack - $44.95 (no saving)
4610 Aqua Resque Super Station - $79.95 ($20)
4611 Police HQ - $109.95 (no saving)

**BIONICLE**
8531/8532/8534/8535 - $9.95 each
8537 Nui-Rama - $19.95
8548 Nui-Jaga - $39.95
8549 Tarakava - $49.95
8538 Muaka & Kane-Ra $79.95
8539 Manas $119

**TECHNIC**
8307 Turbo Racer $79.95
8458 Silver Champion $195

**STAR WARS**
7127 Imperial AT-ST $14.95 (save $4)
8007 C3PO $39.95 ($15)
7166 Imperial Shuttle $49.95 ($5)

**OTHER LEGO**
5827 Royal Coach - $39.95 (save $36.29)
6617 Monster Trucks - $69.95 ($50)
7317 Aero Tube Hanger $99.95 (normal price?)

Target: on sale until October 28th, 2001.
**DUPLO**
3093 Playground - $22.45 (save $22.50)
2994 Tub (includes tubes etc) - $34.95 ($5?) EXCLUSIVE
4177 Creator (includes video) - $34.95 ($10) EXCLUSIVE

**ALL $16.95**
4702 Harry Potter - The Final Challenge?
???? Life On Mars - T3 Trike
7127 Star Wars - AT-ST
4605 Jack Stone - Fire Response
4119 Creator - Alphabet Bricks?
4174 Creator - Max Goes Flying
4115 Creator - All that Drives - Red Bucket
4122 Basic - Blue Bucket
6773 Alpha Team - Helicopter
2947 Action Wheelers - Speedster Pullback
???? Technic - Yellow Technic Bike?

Have fun... Mel

So, we've been given a bum steer by the Myer staff on this one!

Kerry