 Local / Australia / 7631
Re: Hogwarts vs. Leo's Breezeway (was: HP sale at Myer? BAD NEWS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:36:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
I didn't buy the HP castle in the end, my son wanted it for Christmas but we
sat down together and had a long hard look at it and decided that the KK
castle was more interesting (moving parts and traps being the main points of
interest for my 6 year old).  Was quite relieved, as I'd bought the KK
castle for him for Christmas at the Toyworld clearance some months ago and
was beginning to wonder what on earth I was going to do with it!

I assume that the decision is weighed heavily by the fact you already have
one stashed away bought for around half the price of Hogwarts.

For reference
Set        <set:4709>                 <set:6098>
Peices      682                        524
Figs        9 (counting the armour)    8 (counting the Skelly)

Hogwarts includes the moving panel seen in 6098 (as a stained glass window).
Admittedly the window is a funky peice. Hogwarts has two plastic sheet
roofs(1), KLB has a cloth rear wall. I think (I don't have Hogwarts, yet)
that KLB stands taller and deeper than HogW. They both have around the same
number prefab walls/BURPs. KLB is grey/dk grey with random touches of red,
blue, brown, tan and black. HogW is Mostly tan/grey with random touches of
dkgrey, black, brown, and sand green. Both Castles are modular in design.
All in all the castles are pretty even in comparison, but Hogwarts comes out
ahead because of the larger numbers of basic peices used instead of the base
used in the breezeway to bulk the set up. The colours are better too. The
only drawback is Hogwarts comes with four schoolchildren instead of castle
figs... can't have everything. My conclusion? Buy both, but never at full • price.

James (who will get a Hogwarts as soon as he sees it on sale)

Thanks for the review!!

(1) what is the proper plural of roof?

I've seen both "roofs" and "rooves" (though don't ask me where I saw that). I
think probably both are OK.

ROSCO