 Local / Australia / 7629
Re: Harry Potter Lego on sale next week at Myer? BAD NEWS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:55:59 GMT

Thankyou to all with the Myer info, I was heartened to be able to layby a
Hogwart's Express, even though it wasn't "on sale" on such.

The guy (not Sean) who took my husband's call when he rang up Friday morning
to get them to hold the HP castle and train insisted that they were "a very
special price, just for this catalogue" (oh yeah? then why were all bar the
express on the shelves labelled at these prices days before the catalogue
came out?) but avoided answering the "well, what are the normal prices
then?!" question...

I didn't buy the HP castle in the end, my son wanted it for Christmas but we
sat down together and had a long hard look at it and decided that the KK
castle was more interesting (moving parts and traps being the main points of
interest for my 6 year old).  Was quite relieved, as I'd bought the KK
castle for him for Christmas at the Toyworld clearance some months ago and
was beginning to wonder what on earth I was going to do with it!

I resisted all the other bargains, not easy, very nearly bought a Silver
Champion, but alas I have other rather pressing financial responsibilities
at the moment.  I must admit that all these recent Lego sales have been very
trying :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com