 Local / Australia / 5666
5665  |  5667
Subject:
Let's find out (was Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 07:35:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
Maybe Lego Australia don't appreciate the potential demand. If we
(lugnet.loc.au) could quantify how much we'd buy *immediately* and sent them
a letter saying that we would immediately place orders to the value of x
thousand dollars (and cc it to Billund), maybe they'd see the possibilities?

Guys guys guys.  I think Lego do have a fair idea of what this is worth, and
that's why they aren't stressed.  True as it is that we each spend waaaaaay
too much on ABS, there really aren't that many of us.

I'm sure I read some research over in .general (or was it here?) about how
little of Lego's revenue actually comes from adults buying for themselves.
Sure it wasn't small, but it wasn't big as a percentage either.

But I could be wrong.

So, lets find out.  Brad says he's keen to provide us the same value the
Americans get, so lets assume that.  How about if everyone who reckons
they'd buy from Lego Direct scans the US site, and works out what their
order would be.  Send your order details to me (piece, qty, price in $US -
don't worry about a conversion), and I'll work it out based on a rate of say
55c and make up something moderately sensible for freight. (I'll knock out a
spreadsheet anyone can download, and change the assumptions to suit
themselves, eh?)

  http://www.lego.com/bulk/

And to make sure that we're not just working out a flash in the pan figure,
how about in addition to the details of our first order, we each work out
what sort of order we would expect to place three months on.

To make sure we're not kidding ourselves, think about it as though the
details you're sending me might be part of an order I am going to place for
you on Sunday next and have delivered to you in four weeks time, which
you'll have to pay me for then.  Actually, that's a thought.  We could do that.

My spreadsheet and I won't take long to work this out, and it will either
put it to rest, or form the basis of Richie's letter to LA.

Either way, I'm cool :-)

I'll take up any emails I get up until 10.00am Saturday next, and do the
calcs next weekend.

So come on all of you reeling from your kick in the guts.  Maybe we can
actually do something about it, eh?

Richard
Still baldly calculating...