 Local / Australia / 5664
Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 01:11:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Well, that about settles it...if LD can get up and running in so many
countries so quickly, and then turn around and say that 'there are some
"technical issues" that we haven't sorted out'[1] or other comments along
similar lines when they HAD a good service for missing parts going until
they decided to start LD in other countries, then one can safely assume that
TLG can't give a rats A**e about Australia.
[see http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=4913]

After all, if they did care, they'd try and actually promote their 'world
club', which, strangely enough, seems to have more appeal in its UK
branch...different magazines, 6 issues a year, and from what I've seen,
better 'gifts' or at least more of them. And do you know what's the best
bit...IT'S still CHEAPER than the "Australian/asian" version. Doesn't seem
much like a "world" club to me.

Maybe Lego Australia don't appreciate the potential demand. If we
(lugnet.loc.au) could quantify how much we'd buy *immediately* and sent them
a letter saying that we would immediately place orders to the value of x
thousand dollars (and cc it to Billund), maybe they'd see the possibilities?

Cheers

Richie Dulin