 Local / Australia / 5670
Re: Let's find out (was Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 23:12:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Guys guys guys.  I think Lego do have a fair idea of what this is worth, and
that's why they aren't stressed.  True as it is that we each spend waaaaaay
too much on ABS, there really aren't that many of us.

True.

I'm sure I read some research over in .general (or was it here?) about how
little of Lego's revenue actually comes from adults buying for themselves.
Sure it wasn't small, but it wasn't big as a percentage either.

Also true.
In addition I'm not likely to spend (much) more if LD is available - I'd
just be directing purchases away from sets on the shelves (generally when
the sets are discounted of course). Of course, I'd probably be prepared to
go without food for couple of days for some really needed Lego.

But I could be wrong.

You're too modest! ;-)

So, lets find out.  [snipped details of procedure]

To make sure we're not kidding ourselves, think about it as though the
details you're sending me might be part of an order I am going to place for
you on Sunday next and have delivered to you in four weeks time, which
you'll have to pay me for then.

Looks to be a good basis for this exercise.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Wandering off to seriously contemplate an order.