 Local / Australia / 5679
Re: Let's find out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
There will be and most likely be a few items that we ALL have wished for
(maybe not now but later on atleast)and really wanted and can only
reallistically get in this way rather than having to buy a whole unwanted
set. • [snip]
I guess it all depends on what they will stock and the price of it.  I also
personally think it's only worth doing if the prices are reasonable.   Also
guess they may look at how the supplementary sets sold here in Australia
too, if it worth it at the time or a waste of time?  As long as the prices
won't be too 'OUCH' I will forsure be a future purchaser :)  Otherwise I do
have enough contacts overseas in both EU and USA to keep me up to date (at
some ridiculous expense though).

It seems the potential demand is not looking like changing the way LA
operates. Including a Sopwith Camel :-), I can probably come up with an
order of about US$100, which is probably over a quarter of my annual Lego
budget, and which is obviously not going to even make LA blink.

The per piece price of the bulk stuff is certainly high compared to current
set prices (particularly when on sale), but there are no unwanted elements
in the selection (not that any Lego - except Insectoids - is truly unwanted
in my book*).

I have projects happening or planned in all the standard colours (even my
much neglected blue!), so I'm quite happy with the current 4229 et al
selections for bulk bricks. (Even 1 x 1 bricks have their uses, after all).
Bulk tiles and doors, and maybe some white 2x8 plates (sleepers!) are sure
to come in handy, however.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

* Though I suppose some of those parts may be useful...