 Local / Australia / 5833
Re: Let's find out (was Re: Another Kick In The Guts By LA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 04:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
How about if everyone who reckons
they'd buy from Lego Direct scans the US site, and works out what their
order would be.  Send your order details to me (piece, qty, price in $US -
don't worry about a conversion) [snip]

My spreadsheet and I won't take long to work this out, and it will either
put it to rest, or form the basis of Richie's letter to LA.

Either way, I'm cool :-)

Richard,

What was the response like?

Well...on the basis of the overwhelming feedback...conducted at the premier
discussion point for Australian afols...over the course of an entire
week...it seems that there are only two afols within earshot of Lugnet that
would want to buy from Lego Direct if it was available here.

(ummm, that would be you and me).

My interest in Lego Direct is bit less than yours.  On that basis, I'm not
prepared to divulge the figures involved, because I don't think that they're
going to help anyone's case to get Lego Direct here.  In fact, you'd have to
say that Lego have rather chosen wisely in not bringing it here, because
no-one's going to use it...

Obviously its possible that everyone was simply too busy to reply, and that
there is a huge pent up demand out there, only waiting to be unleashed by
the news that Lego Direct is now directly accessible to Australians.

But then...if we're too busy to reply to a lugnet post...what hope have we
of having the time to place an order?

I just don't understand it.

;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...

As I posted before, The head of LA... Steven got back to me a couple of
weeks ago about this.... letting me know S@H WILL be in Aust by the end of
the year..

Kev...:  )