 Local / Australia / 5667
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 22:35:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Torsten Fresemann writes:
Hi!
I don't know if this has in any way been discussed anywhere yet, but it seems
TLC has reissued a couple of old sets in new packaging and under new set
numbers. Apparently they will come into the shops in September and can now be
preordered at http://www.1000steine.de/marktplatz/classics/ - HOWEVER I do not
know if this is open to international buyers.
Again, as I cannot follow every thread ever made here I may have missed
something, but isn't it odd they should reissue old sets? And why these sets?
Surely 6289 and 6280 were/are not among the most sought-after ones?
There's been some discussion in the past in the German Lego forum that TLC
could issue "silver anniversary" sets or something similar with the sets'
special parts being silver-coloured. Now they come up with this. Why? Does this
demonstrate their inability to come up with something new that is not crap?

Any Australian Pirate/Technic fans should look up any German contacts they
have and save their pesos.