 Pirates / 1922
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 17:53:16 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jeff Thompson writes:

But it's great news for anyone looking to get into Pirates for the
first time (thus this posting)!  Wow.  Look at that page.  Funky.
I wonder what the story is?

Blaaagg!

Why are they reissuing set 6289 Red Beard Runner?  That was the
final "large ship" in the line, and notorious for the poor design
quality compared to earlier pirate ships.

It'd make more sense for them to reissue one of the first ships.
It hasn't been that long since 6289 was clogging the aisles requiring
deep clearance discounts in order to sell.  They are, in effect,
releasing the set that killed the pirate line to begin with.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily."

I suppose you could look at it like that, (personally, I don't own one, not
because of design, but because I couldn't afford one at the time that they
were generally available). What interests me (and probably most other
Pirateers, new and old) is that the large ship hulls will be available again
in number, with a price that you don't have to pay through the nose to
obtain.  That is the selling point of this set, (for me at least). How many
will I get? I just don't know yet. 2 at least I suspect.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****