 Pirates / 1920
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 17:11:17 GMT

But it's great news for anyone looking to get into Pirates for the
first time (thus this posting)!  Wow.  Look at that page.  Funky.
I wonder what the story is?

Blaaagg!

Why are they reissuing set 6289 Red Beard Runner?  That was the
final "large ship" in the line, and notorious for the poor design
quality compared to earlier pirate ships.

It'd make more sense for them to reissue one of the first ships.
It hasn't been that long since 6289 was clogging the aisles requiring
deep clearance discounts in order to sell.  They are, in effect,
releasing the set that killed the pirate line to begin with.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily."