 Local / Australia / 5673
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 05:16:08 GMT

COOL,  is the only word for it.
I know that the front end loader will sell well, as an ebay auction for the
same set did very well, US$150 +. I'm sure the Pirates would also be a great
seller. The other set i'm not sure about, but myself wouldn't mind one of
the service stations. I hope this new release continues and expands for
other select sets, and have a feeling it will be great for the Lego Company.

Aaron Coghill

pete white <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Torsten Fresemann writes:
Hi!
I don't know if this has in any way been discussed anywhere yet, but it • seems
TLC has reissued a couple of old sets in new packaging and under new set
numbers. Apparently they will come into the shops in September and can • now be
preordered at http://www.1000steine.de/marktplatz/classics/ - HOWEVER I • do not
know if this is open to international buyers.
Again, as I cannot follow every thread ever made here I may have missed
something, but isn't it odd they should reissue old sets? And why these • sets?
Surely 6289 and 6280 were/are not among the most sought-after ones?
There's been some discussion in the past in the German Lego forum that • TLC
could issue "silver anniversary" sets or something similar with the sets'
special parts being silver-coloured. Now they come up with this. Why? • Does this
demonstrate their inability to come up with something new that is not • crap?

Any Australian Pirate/Technic fans should look up any German contacts they
have and save their pesos.