 Pirates / 1924
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 19:00:27 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard W. Schamus writes:
I suppose you could look at it like that, (personally, I don't own one, not
because of design, but because I couldn't afford one at the time that they
were generally available).

It's too bad you didn't find one on clearance!  They were being sold
for $20 apiece or so in my state towards the end of their shelf life.

What interests me (and probably most other
Pirateers, new and old) is that the large ship hulls will be available again
in number, with a price that you don't have to pay through the nose to
obtain.  That is the selling point of this set, (for me at least). How many
will I get? I just don't know yet. 2 at least I suspect.

Don't let my sour post hamper your enjoyment of the set!  I think that
any of the large pirate ships can provide lots of good play
value, particularly if you make your own sails for the ship.  And I'm
glad to see the reapparance of the white ship.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"