 Local / Australia / 5681
Re: Sanity Check, Please. (was: Old sets being sold in new guise?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 05:40:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse, The Voice of Reason :-) writes:
My two bricks? Some guy in germany was cleaning out a warehouse somewhere
and finds some dozens of boxes of a couple of particular older sets that
didn't sell well (compared to other sets in those years). Atch! he says what
will we do with them? Brighter manager says, oh! let's re-box them so they
look like new sets and send them out  to stores again.

aaarr.. sounds like lego tastes like  lego but baby it's discontinued!
Maybe this is lego's way of testing the water ,With Germany being one of
lego's large markets that is why it's only on that German site ,maybe before
bring out bigger more popular sets only to find ,no one wants them because
there one of lego's favourite sets not the peoples, but with the way lego is
done business I could understand them trying to make a quick buck on
discontinued sets.