 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4927
  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

Hm, very tantalising subject. Do we still do polls somewhere in the community? If so, I'm very curious about the outcome of the following question: Would you buy a re-issue of set #375/6075 (Yellow Castle) preferebly in a Light and/or Dark Gray (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) ~My _Magic 8-Ball_ says that: “All signs point to Yes!” But seriously, quite a few people already expressed interest; Tom Stang: would have done a gray 375, I would have voted for it instantly. Allan Bedford: I would as well. I could turn it (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) So Richard, Manfred and all others I built them both in LDraw (Nothing like a site): (URL) personal faviourt is light gray altough Richard have a point since dark gray is much harder to find We live to build Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Could you provide a deep link to allow us to see a "teaser" view until the brickshelf folder has been approved for public view? Ben (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

I would actually prefer one in tan, for that real "crusader" feel. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) regards William (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) I uploded the dat file for your request the same path: (URL) live to build Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Thank you so much Yaron for providing that link. Though I still believe that Dark Gray looks better… And upon seein’ the completed model this affirms it! (URL) look how ominous and powerfull the Castle looks in Dark Gray… in standard Gray it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) My thoughts exactly. I think if you're going to 'recolor' a set, then why not utilize the more realistic recent colors to their max. Mix light and dark grey together (in this case) to give the feeling of mixed stones in the walls. I really (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) -These ideas just keep gettin’ better! =P Why limit ourselves to a single color? When we can make both camps happy!!! (((Multi-Color Mixin’))) A Dark-Gray 375/6075 speckled with standard Gray and sand-Blue would indeed offer a well-weathered (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

Soooo many concepts… Sooo little time! Sorry to reply to my own post, BUT This notion of Multi-Color Mixin’ in “Variants” has got me thinking. You know how TLG has been neglecting Technic…well they could now re-issue old Technic sets under the guise (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) How so? I can agree that _LEGO Direct_ have been neglecting the Technic line, though. (...) Why do you think the chances are slim? I can agree that a twenty year old Technic set has less technological appeal today, but it would still have the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Dear Yaron, you would do a big favour to me, if you were able to upload two more pictures: - 375 castle in standard yellow - 375 castle in tan (sandcolour is in fact my favorite colour for this castle) Kind Rergards Ben (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Well I uploaded them again to (URL) in short: (URL) the tan is not exactly the shed you wanted then mail me the RGB values for the color and I'll gladly upload another one as for the gate: the original red but I hope we can all agree black is (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) well what about one of the new colors I never loved space classic so I don't know their favorite but I sure like to see a spaceship like: (URL) example in violet/purple with a little yellow or white and it will extend the capacity of our (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) pictures: (...) castle) (...) that was amazingly fast! (...) I have no idea about the real tan RGB values, but this picture is enough to help my imagination. (...) Agree it is better! But dark grey or brown would be preferred by myself - even (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Voting for old sets in new colors (WAS: Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) wonder......... What if, the next time that LEGO holds a vote for a set to be reissued, they use the same types of concept pictures? This could allow them to research which color people might prefer before they even order the bricks to make (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Voting for old sets in new colors (WAS: Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) (From the animated TV Show: ‘Pinky & the Brain.’) Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering? Pinky: Wuh, I think so, Brain, but if we didn't have ears, we'd look like weasels. <Narf!> (...) A good idea, is a good idea! :) I for one (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

Well not quite a clone (...) Since no one resopned so I responed to myself and also attach the Space community as well I never did like space and always been loyal but if LEGO gonna start with the Varient idea we talked so much here is a good (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) The Glow-in-the-dark bricks are an innovative idea!!! But the white bricks just don’t look right… How about replacing them with a color that’d be far more interesting. ~Like chrome! The design possibilities for a new Space set with (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

Sorry, but that purple ship looks too much like a MegaBloks set to me, simply because of the color scheme. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE Internet Technical Support, Sun Microsystems | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not associate my personal (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) That was my immediate reaction also... Frank (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

(...) snip (...) color scheme?--dude!--Black-TRON!, Black-TRON! Black-TRON! Black-TRON! Jeff-TRON! uh, ok I'm done now... (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

(...) The only problem with Black-TRON! is when we make a change of the colors (the concept of this thread: legends with new colors) it won't be Black-TRON! anymore Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) I think it would look pretty good in "real life". Especialy with chrome replacing the white. Something like that would sell pretty good, even if the average AFOL didn't touch it. Personally, I think if Lego would do more sets like MegaBloks, a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) How about replacing the "puke" purple with the "awesome" violet color that Lego makes. Call me crazy if you like; violet is one of my favorite colors but I hate the color purple. Wait I got it. What if the purple was changed to violet, the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here's the Deal$

(...) Yah, without the ‘black’ it’d just be ‘tron!’ (in a Homer-esk voice) <Mmmmm TRON!!!…> Too funny, --==RïçhårÐ==-- (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Richard is on the money about the Dark Grey, those are much harder bricks to come up with. If they keep that color theme they could conceivably use the Dark Grey European Armor for the knights as well. Go Dark Grey and 375/6075 is a winner! (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here’s the Deal$

(...) Thank-you…finally someone who sees what I see! A dark-gray 375/6075 is the equivalent of a dark-gray ‘bulk brick pack’ along with a wicked assortment of old skool European body armor and some awesome visors that’d appear in uniquely new (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

(...) Love this thread! You all have excellent ideas and inspiration!! I think we could do a Multi-Gray-TRON with Sand-Green highlights on anything in LEGO re-issues and we'd all be happy. I'm still waiting for a SPACE theme using a Trans-Purple (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

(...) Now serious: Jeffrey & Aaron Thanks for the comments, as not a space fan, I believe that if your heart set on Black-Tron! that's cool If there is a particular LEGO Black-Tron! you wish to come out as a legend now is the time to suggest it. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) Thanks for the support Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) The idea was the purple/violet that LEGO already produced as the body of "Prof Dumbeldore" (on HP). If the color was not correct, I apologize give me the right RGB and it will be change in no time (...) Prehaps I'll add it to the directory (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) To Frank & Tom Thanks for the comments, it wasn't the idea at all. I never so a real built up MegaBloks and perhaps that's why I don't see it Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) First of all I'd like to thank you for the support Second about the Chrome color, do you (or anybody) know the RGB combination for it? if so I'd update the draft Thanks again Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) Here are the colors I use for generating the Partsref color images. Mike would like you to use color #23 for Violet, I think. If you're generating your images with LDLite, you should be able to insert this table directly into your file. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

<SNIP> (...) Why of course! 1> 6987 MESSAGE-INTERCEPT BASE (URL) 6954 RENEGADE (URL) 6874 ALIENATOR (URL) because LEGO said so! 4> 6941 BATTRAX (URL) OF THESE !!!NEED!!! TO BE RE-RELEASED IN THESE COLORS LISTED HERE: -Minifigures could be wearing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) You got the purple color right on for "Prof Dumbledore." What I was getting at is that I hate that color. The violet color as found in the Hogwarts Classroom set it one of my favorite colors. As a result I think the ship would look much better (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) It was add as requested (URL) it still looks to me to much as the original for your judgement. Thank you all for the inputs. We live to build Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) Thank you very much for the RGB list BTW: anychance you know what's the RGB for chrome? We live to build Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (what the heck was all that?)

(...) at (...) Classroom (...) much (...) awesome (...) Wow that is so cool. Thanks for making the picture. (...) I am not quite sure what your mean here but I think that the new color scheme looks awesome. (...) -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

Could we please start trimming the newsgroups on this thread? Frank (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (what the heck was all that?)

I like it too. But I also liked the idea of purple and chrome... (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$

(...) Howdy, Please redirect all (and I DO mean all) interest to my post previous to Frank's post here above... (URL) only thinks of these things in retrospect. I am officially a goof for not noticing all the multi-off topic points of my post. I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: $Here?s the Deal$ (D.G.-TRON!)

To Aaron West: As promised and as requested convert the Black-TRON! -> D.G.-TRON! well I only one one of them for now (...) still as a castle fan I can do a lot use of the dark gray bricks We live to build Yaron Dori (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (what the heck was all that?)

(...) Well I will always prefer violet over purple, (just in case I haven't made that completly clear yet :-D) as for chrome well... That would be cool but I would much rather have silver plastic parts. (as found in the Spiderman Green Goblin set) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)

(...) For LDraw, we've 'declared' color code 383 to be for silver/chrome/metal. But chrome (and any metallic look) isn't a color so much as a surface appearance -- it's reflective, mirror-like. The only way to get a satisfying chrome (AFAIK) is to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)