 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3934
Re: bulks and trees and some new stuff on its way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:28:04 GMT

"Jeff Stembel" <jeff.stembel@noaa.gov> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Next issue: cypress trees. The trees are made of precisely the same • material
that we have used in the past; and yes, it is indeed a softer and more
pliable material than found in the basic brick.

And I, for one, applaud that move, and I was extremely dissappointed to • see
that the round trees were NOT made of the same plastic.

It is our supposition that as the material is indeed softer, and the • trees are
packed in bags (not boxes) the likelihood of "squeezing" the elements • during
transport (either to our fulfillment facilities or to you) is • increased --
thus causing the bending that some of you have experienced. It appears • that
the instances of such bending have been very few; and I am told that the
trees should bend back with a little effort. We apologize for this • problem
-- but you should understand that it is by packaging the trees in this
manner that we have been able to deliver them at what we felt was a very
attractive cost; to add cardboard packaging would likely have forced us • to
incur additional costs in packing and package design. So it was a
compromise, but one we felt was appropriate.

Bah, anyone who complains is too lazy to bend them back and can't see how • the
soft plastic is great for "poseability" of the trees; afterall, not all • trees
are straight.  :)

Jeff

I received my Cypress Trees on Friday (two packages) and all of my trees are
straight.  I also agree that the trees are identical (look and feel) to the
originals, or at least, the only two originals that I have which came from
two sealed copies of 7835 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7835).

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders