 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3893
Re: bulks and trees and some new stuff on its way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:

We often end up adjusting and readjusting our bulk selections based on
manufacturing and packaging opportunities and limitations. Consequently, I
can't really say exactly what we'll be offering or precisely when -- I don't
want to make any promises that circumstances might force us (unwillingly) to
break. That said, do I think you'll see a bigger selection of (for example,
just plucking an example out of the air...) gray elements next year? I would
think so -- we hope to make this so. But no promises.... We'll make
announcements of upcoming offerings as soon as we have absolute confirmation
that we'll be bringing them out.

Wow.  Brad, You say a lot in your post!  Most (if not all) of what you
wrote is welcome news indeed.  Regarding promises (above), I just want to
say that your words are encouraging.  And by making it clear why some things
may or may not occur you are being direct and honest (how appropriate
considering the name "LEGO Direct").  We appreciate this honesty far more
than you know.  Nothing feels worse than feeling that one is given false
propaganda and empty promises.  I am very impressed with your willingness to
share as much as you can with LUGNET and the community at large.  Kudos!

Regarding everything else, I just can't wait to see what new things you
have planned.  I have for the past few years been on the side of "man, the
good old days are gone and expensive auctions are all AFOLs have left".  But
now, thanks to all the wonderful things -and *continuous efforts*- of Lego
Direct, I can say that I am being happily herded back to the bright side of
the fence.

I have said it before, and will say it again, Thank you!

Cheers,
-Hendo

PS  Ooooh!  Fort Legoredo!  Now my plans for a bigger Castle village can
come to fruition!   :)