 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3888
Re: bulks and trees and some new stuff on its way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:18:32 GMT

"Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message

Hi Brad -
(snipped much of the message...)

To those who believe that "true" bulk sales can only be numbered in the
thousands of elements, I must respond that really, such sales represent • only
the smallest of fractions of our sales base for "loose" elements. Such
buyers are of course out there -- there are many of them here on LUGNET,
which may give the impression that those who desire elements in packs of
1000s are more numerous than is actually the case -- and there are of • course
venues such as Brickbay which cater more specifically to this market. But
the number of bulk transactions on Brickbay pales alongside what we do
through LEGO Shop At Home. And priority must first go to what our sales • and
other factual data indicate to be the needs of the largest number of
consumers at present. Nevertheless, we do recognize the "ultrabulk" market
and we hope to implement further discounts for such buyers sometime in the
next year.

Glad to hear that.

That said, do I think you'll see a bigger selection of (for example,
just plucking an example out of the air...) gray elements next year? I • would
think so -- we hope to make this so. But no promises.... We'll make
announcements of upcoming offerings as soon as we have absolute • confirmation
that we'll be bringing them out.

Oooo cool! :-)  I know, no promises, but this is still exciting.  I sure
hope some of those are gray plates, and large ones too. :-) :-)

And we have a very exciting 2002 planned for new sculptures, Legends, and
the like. So there's a lot more to look forward to....

I'll try to make another post or two before then New Year (or at least by
the first week in January), particularly regarding ways in which we can
better interact with the community-at-large (and that includes the role of
LEGO.com.

Thanks for the message here, it cleared a lot of things up.  And I look
forward to discussing about more community interaction.

-Tim