 Inventories / 275 (-20)
  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) I think there's only one possible explanation for these quality issues: Peeron must be outsourcing it's inventory updating to China. Cheers, Allister (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) For corrections, please send them to inv@peeron.com (note, please do not send it directly to me or the other admins). By doing that we can make sure all the admins get a copy of it - meaning it'll get done sooner. Thanks for your cooperation (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) think that is much more important. I had an agreement with the person that was doing these that I would just send emails. I do not know how to do the data bases and such, so if I could just do emails it would make what I am doing a lot easier. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Flak isn't so bad, might get them to listen. I offered to volunteer since I am retired. I have a lot of gratitude as their data base for parts is great. It took a lot of work to set up and I am amazed at the effort to get it going. They just (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

John, I do appreciate your submissions - as Dave mentioned, that's the only way data can get to Peeron in the first place, by users taking pictures, making inventories, and submitting corrections. Note that some of these updates are more difficult (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv) !

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) See, now, again, this has nothing to do with anything. Yeah, you're older than I am. You're older than most AFOLs. Ok. But I don't think being older gives you a free pass to be condescending. That's the sort of thing I mean. You can say what (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

--snip-- (...) You don't have to put it online, John. You can keep it at home. In fact I'm sure that your statistics must be coming from some sort of database you have at home so your job is already done. When someone has an eBay auction which (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) One thing is that I don't have the knowledge to do a data base on the web or the time. I am not too sure what whinging is. I am sure that there is income from the Amazon banner and I use it whenever I buy from Amazon and that is quite often. I (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

--snip-- (...) I've got a good idea for you John. Since you are retired, OCD and have already re-inventoried 1000 sets why don't you start a new database. Since you have done the checking that will be a new 1000 set inventory database up to the 100% (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv) !

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Well Jude, the 90% refered to the minor mistakes, 5% are way off, re-read the part about the this happening in 90%, perhaps you will get it then. 90% small mistakes with another 5% major mistakes, see? Hope that this clears up your confusion. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Dave: It is not my purpose to be insulting; I call things like I see them. I am almost 60 and I was a little less blunt when I was 30. Now at this age, I call black black and white white. I have been 30 and was a bit less direct. I doubt that (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

John, I'm sorry to say this, but I think part of the problem is that you're being very insulting. It doesn't make people want to help you when you start accusing them and telling them they're incompetant. (...) I have found that to be untrue. I have (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Because there is a financial interest in the BrickLink inventories, they tend to get more interest from people who want them to accurately reflect what's in the box. There some feature of BL inventories that I don't think are available on (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

John, (...) I hope that you have professional help with dealing with this condition. (...) Before you said it was 95% but here you state it is 90%. Which is it? Could this percentage is hyperbole? If the problem rate is so high, can you post which (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

I don't know if this will mean anything. Ok, I have been watching this subject for a while. To make a long story short I have and still collect sets from different Markets over the world, such as Asia, Europe, The Americas (Canada,North America, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Dan:I sent the corrections to you and they are still going to the person that was doing them before. I can send them all to you if you want. I do not know how you can veryify these as I do from the actual sets. At most the wrong ones were (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) I did not think that there was a problem because I would go with the inventory on Peeron, not building all the sets. But once I started building them and checking the problem appeared. I was doing this because I wanted to make sure that my (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) John, I got your email 2 days ago, and was trying to find out more details before replying to you. These 1000 emails you sent? Where did you send them to? When? In the past month, I see you sent something like 6 emails to inv@peeron.com? You (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) I have inventoried about 900 sets so far. What I do is to print the inventory on Peeron. Check it against what is in my set (most of which I bought and kept myself since 1974), compare the pieces against peeron and then built the item. I think (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: Peeron inventories

(...) Agreed, Orion. I've never submitted an inventory, but I've had occasion to double-check sets against what's listed on Peeron, and haven't had anywhere near the results stated above. The only inconsistency I've found have been in the "extra (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.inv)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact