 Harry Potter / 336
  Re: First True Harry Potter Pics!

Fantastic sources of parts. Thoroughly uninspiring ugly sets ugh. not sure about the new arched doorway pieces. looks thorougly unlego to me as it looks sculpted rather than flat with a printed pattern. same gos for the roof tiles. The big orange (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: First True Harry Potter Pics!

(...) Not sure I necessarily agree. I can see my kids going absolutely gaga over them, and I like the modularity evident in the room sets. I wonder if they integrate into the overall castle as well? Do we know the provenance of these pics? ++Lar (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) Hideous junk? Awful ABS? Juniorized dreck? Total garbage? "Good source of parts"? What a complete and utter disappointment. Hurl. Maybe I'll recover and look again, but some of these rank on first look as the worst Lego sets I've ever seen, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) Posted one reply to James which didn't seem to make it (maybe I accidentally deleted the confirm mail) I am not sure I agree. The colors may be a bit loud but I just don't see this as "juniorised dreck". I expect that when I get home this (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

modularity is good, I agree but the sets just dont look right. they don't say LEGO to me "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GFn9G4.Hzv@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: First True Harry Potter Pics!

(...) Just my thoughts. They do not look very official to me. I wonder if Lego will be knocking on doors soon? Scott A (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) I can see that. I hate it (aside from a few parts here and there), but the "Harry Potter Target Market" could like it. Seems like there is a lot of playability in the sets. I'd be happier if *we* were their target market for more new products, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: First True Harry Potter Pics!

(...) They say "Legend of the Lion Mega Block castle" to me. Cardboard backgrounds and cloth towers? YUCK!! They know AFOL's will by a bunch of these sets for the tasty treats sprinkled here and there, so what do they care if they just put out of (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) Agree and disagree. I really loathe 1x2x5 walls. I've used them for filler when running short on a couple colors, but that's it. I *hate* that they're not made from smaller pieces, and I can't stand the texture it gives walls (REALLY long (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) "WE" don't spend anywhere near enough money to be a target market. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) Well, "we" don't know one way or the other, now do we? I can't help wondering sometimes. I wish "we" had a concrete answer. <smile but frown> -Shiri P.S. Yes Paul, I did get those arms - thanks *so* much. (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) I'm glad they arrived OK. I remember that Lego said in 1998 or '99, whichever year Mindstorms came out, that 10% of Lego was bought by adults for themselves. That's us, plus all the robotic folks who bought the Mindstorms stuff as a novelty (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) Actually, that's not really true. I've spoken on this before, but the best analogy I have so far is between us to heavy alcohol users. Alcoholics are only 10% of the *customers* for alcohol-related companies, but they consume 50% of the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) Keep in mind the Pareto (sp?) Principle. Or the 80/20 rule. 20% of your clientele purchases 80% of your product. So, does the 10% presented above equal 50% of the 20% Pareto concept? Or is that 10% of the 20% (in essence 2% of total (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

(...) No doubt about it. We know the product. We like the product. We buy the product. Everything we have asked for from Lego Direct/TLC, however poorly they have implemented it, has exceeded expected demand. I think someone was noting the other day (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!

In lugnet.harrypotter, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) I agree here. I think that those new doors will have some practicle applications in the town area. Also, the 'ogwarts express has strong potential. With a few extra pieces, It will be a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel happy!

(...) I personally think that these sets and any other sets all depends on how one looks at them... sure some find them gross and ugly etc and some find them Wow! and useful :) I tend to think that it's no different than looking at a cloud and (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

we can hope for an accessory pack or a minifig pack, otherwise an army of these guys ids gonna be real expensive James "Aaron Dalan" <adalan24@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GFnIy1.Ls8@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel happy!

(...) Melody- Brill? What is a brill? (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel happy!