 Harry Potter / 340
Re: True Harry Potter Pics...and I feel sick!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:59:22 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, James Stacey writes:
Fantastic sources of parts. Thoroughly uninspiring ugly sets ugh.

not sure about the new arched doorway pieces. looks thorougly unlego to me
as it looks sculpted rather than flat with a printed pattern. same gos for
the roof tiles. The big orange parts look naff too

Hideous junk?  Awful ABS?  Juniorized dreck?  Total garbage?  "Good source
of parts"?  What a complete and utter disappointment.  Hurl.

Maybe I'll recover and look again, but some of these rank on first look as
the worst Lego sets I've ever seen, and I really like the Harry Potter book.
I'm not trying to upset people that like what they see, but fwoosh!  I'm
going to order some more Guarded Inns...

Posted one reply to James which didn't seem to make it (maybe I accidentally
deleted the confirm mail)

I am not sure I agree. The colors may be a bit loud but I just don't see
this as "juniorised dreck". I expect that when I get home this weekend and
show my kids they are going to want all of these sets fairly strongly (I may
be wrong).

I am not trying to be apologist but I am not hurling, I am happy. These
should do well in the target market unlike some of the other recent stuff
that hasn't...

++Lar